Passionate Facebook Moderators – Could This Be You?
Our work from home roles will see you interacting daily with the vibrant community across our Facebook network.
You’ll be responsible for your own pages and publish status updates, drive engagement by posting relevant and conversational posts in line with the guidelines we present. Most content is provided, however initiative and creativity is a big driver for success on Facebook.
We are looking for mums (and dads) from around the country who:
- Have thorough knowledge of Australian Baby Bargains, our values & our culture
- Can take direction & work with a high level of autonomy within a team structure
- Are mature to not let the authority of page administration blur your focus & decision.
- Are aware the role includes weekdays, nights & weekends (although not continually)
- Passionate about helping other parents connect, share & engage
- Can recognise — and address — threats to the wellbeing of the community
- Develop a welcoming, friendly, helpful online voice & listen to our community
- Can recognise and highlight positive contributions to the community.
- Are honest and reliable with a laptop computer & steady internet access
- Are level-headed & have the ability to remain cool and apply policy objectively.
- Have registered an ABN (or willing to get one) as the role is contractor based.
We recognise that we’re all busy parents so we have processes & platforms in place to ensure we can schedule, track and manage our pages to fit with family time and commitments, ensuring the right balance of family vs. online time.
Quite importantly, as a contractor to ABB you’ll need to invoice us each month for your services so an ABN is necessary (easily applied for with the ATO).
As to reward for your efforts, you need to understand it’s more about the ‘love’ of the opportunity than the $$ it brings, so if you’re looking for the big bucks, then it’s not the role for you.
- Respectful, kind, upbeat & dedicated to our community.
- Confident in your voice and have excellent written grammar (poor spelling & punctuation are a dealbreaker)
- Able to convey your online message with the right tone
- Customer-focused and enjoy working in a start-up environment
How to Apply:
We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us — we want you to be like you!
So write to us, in your own human voice, and tell us what you’re all about. Tell us about your family! Have you moderated a Facebook community before? What gets you up in the morning? What excites you? What throws your whole day off and causes you to pull your hair out?
If you have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest profile, write a blog, or have an online site, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it! Be sure to tell us where you’re from, what city you’d be passionate about managing and why we should choose YOU to join the ABB team.
No doubt we’ll be swamped with applications so to stand out, please keep to the point and answer all the criteria laid out in the section above. We’re bringing onboard personalities — so let your personality shine!
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 22nd September at 5pm.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Belinda Jennings & the team at Australian Baby Bargains