Terms & Conditions
Keeping it fun, for you and everyone.
We happen to think that Australian Baby Bargains is a great place to hang out—and we’d like to keep it that way. Our goal is to keep the site fresh and current, and to make sure that all of our members treat each other with respect.
With this in mind, the following guidelines will help you to help us maintain a safe, vibrant, and positive community, and provide the best possible shopping experience for everyone.
Adherence to our guidelines is mandatory for continued membership.
1. Your listings will stay live for 14 days. After 14 days, listings will expire. If your item hasn’t sold, we make it easy to relist by sending you a reminder email at the end of the listing period.
2. Do not post duplicate listings. This is considered spamming, and we don’t tolerate spam. Your item doesn’t need to have appeared in the last 48 hours to be successful—our members browse through and carry out keyword searches to find what they’re looking for.
3. Delete sold items immediately to ensure that only available items remain on the site. It’s frustrating for members to respond to a listing, only to learn that the item has been sold. We want everyone to have an easy, productive experience.
4. Please respond promptly to all buyer enquiries in order to keep buyers interested, and to make sure you don’t miss out on a sale! Even if your item has sold and you haven’t removed the listing in time, please extend the courtesy of a response to let buyers know the item is no longer available. After all, you’d want the same in return.
Be a responsible buyer.
On Australian Baby Bargains, you’ll find great deals on new and preloved items for babies and children. Just as we expect our sellers to treat you with respect, we ask that buyers extend the same in return.
1. If you commit to buy a product, please follow through. Just like that other popular auction site, we allow members to post both seller and buyer feedback. If you commit to buy but don’t follow through, you’ll receive negative feedback. Serial offenders who keep “changing their minds” will be warned, and may risk losing access to our fabulous site. Our sellers hold items in good faith, removing their availability for the rest of our members, so make sure you stand by your commitment and follow through promptly on your purchases.
2. If you can’t make your prearranged pickup time, you must let the seller know. Buyer no-shows are not only rude, but waste the seller’s valuable time. We won’t tolerate disrespectful behavior, and repeat offenders risk losing access to the site.
Some items carry more risk than others. Please pay special attention to the following products:
1. Baby formula/nappies: No cans of baby formula or packets/boxes of nappies that have been opened or could have been compromised in any way may be sold through the site. These items are against health regulations—the liability risk just isn’t worth it!
2. Event tickets: Only tickets to children’s events may be sold. Tickets must be sold for no more than the face value at which they were purchased—we will neither condone nor tolerate scalping.
3. Car seats and baby capsules: Listed child safety seats MUST adhere to the Australian Safety Transport Bureau guidelines, which state that:
a. The restraint must have the Standards Australia mark
b. The restraint must not be more than 10 years old
c. You cannot sell a damaged restraint or a restraint that has been involved in a crash
Check for obvious signs of wear – harnesses that are frayed or faded or if the plastic shell or buckle is cracked or broken. Only use restraints which carry the Australian Standards 1754 Mark. Restraints that don’t carry this mark do not comply with the Australian Road Rules and may compromise the child’s safety in the event of a crash.
Test the buckle and adjusters to make sure they work properly and ask for the instruction manual. If it’s missing, get the manufacturer to send you a copy.
Important note: restraints that use Velcro bindings can no longer be sold, hired, donated or given away. Never use a restraint which has been involved in a crash.
Check with your local State Department of Transport/Roads for full guidelines.
A few miscellaneous (but still important) rules
1. Exterior linking. Please don’t link to any other marketplace or auction sites. The purpose of Baby Bargains is to buy and sell goods between our members. We happen to think free is a pretty good deal, so there’s no need to try and siphon members elsewhere. Let’s keep the focus within our growing community.
2. Seller obligation for full disclosure. It’s up to each individual seller to ensure that items and products are not broken or defective in any way. If there’s anything that could affect the item’s operation or the buyer’s purchase consideration, please state this clearly in your listing. Failure to disclose problems may affect your ability to use this service.
3. Legal issues. No illegal products may be sold. Additionally, no items or products may be listed that breach the manufacturer’s copyright in any way, shape, or form, including copied computer games.
IMPORTANT: It is up to each and every seller to ensure that their products are not broken or defective in any way. If there is anything that could affect the operation of the product, please state this clearly on the listing description so that potential buyers can take this into account. Failure to do so could affect your ability to use this service.
By using Baby Bargains, you agree that you will not:
* violate any laws or the page’s guidelines
* infringe any third-party right
* post any offensive, abusive, defamatory, threatening or indecent material
* use racist, offensive or foul language
* profiteer from your purchases by relisting for sale again to our members at a higher price
* be false or misleading in your listings
* distribute or contain spam or pyramid schemes
* copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to Baby Bargains and any consequences that may result from your post.
We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or breaching the above terms.
We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user’s usage of the site either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user’s registration.
Our aim is for this site to pride itself on its honesty and integrity and appreciate members extending this to their buyers. We are providing a means to which you can buy and sell new and preloved baby and children’s goods around Australia and take no responsibility for any of the transactions nor do we support the goods or products that are sold.
Got all that?
Great! See, we’re not unreasonable. Follow these simple guidelines, and you can continue to enjoy the best free online marketplace for baby and children’s items in Australia.
So what are you waiting for? Register today and start enjoying the benefits of our dynamic community.
the Team at Australian Baby Bargains